Friday, March 21, 2014

Smorrebrod

 When we visited Denmark we tried to order Smorrebrod (Danish open sandwich) but unfortunately the restaurant couldn't serve them.  Since then I've been haunted by an idea of eating them somehow.  I am a very determined woman, when it comes to food...I finally made them at home for myself!  Generously buttered rye bread is usually used as the base, as a characteristic of this Scandinavian open sandwich.  What's special about them is that each one is beautifully decorated and is visually appealing like a piece of jewelry.  The typical toppings are pickled herings, marinated shirimp, roast beef, pate and etc.  I guess there is no point posting "how to make" so I'll just explain what I used for toppings of each Smorrebrod.  From left to right;
 -marinated shrimp on salad leaf, garnished with boiled egg, tomato&caper
 -Frikadellle(meatballs), radish&cucumber with mustard
 -salmon&creme cheese, garnished with sliced lime&garden cress
 -Gorgonzola, apple & crispy bacon with cream of balsamic
 -Iberico Bellota Pate & Tortilla Espanola (Spanish omelet) with cherry tomato
  -Mar. 20 grocery shopping € 14.58/ € 82.21 left






No comments:

Post a Comment