Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Low Fat Burrito


 At the beginning of the new week, I just had to make something quick and simple for myself since my husband was at a business dinner.  Looking at all the leftovers (romaine lettuce, shredded turkey, bulgur and avocado) in the fridge, I couldn't come up with better idea than making Burrito.  Speaking of Burritos, I have never seen Burritos in Mexico except for when I was visiting Coahuila, a state in northern Mexico.  Though the one I had was nothing like Burrito you get at Chipotle or McDonald's breakfast.  It was much thinner and had simple ingredients; some meat and cheese.  So Burrito must be technically Tex-Mex food but we love it anyway!  Our regulars are frijoles refritos, cheese, taco meat and Mexican buttered rice and etc...stuffs smart weight watchers would avoid.  But don't worry, this version is low fat!       


-Mar. 10 grocery shopping € 0.00/ € 160.64 left  

Ingredients (makes 1 Burrito)
1 large flour tortilla
60g/2oz turkey (boiled and shredded)
1/4 avocado (sliced)
1/4 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup cooked bulgur
1/2 green chili
1 tbsp. low fat sour cream

Directions
1. Slice chili and avocado.  Chop lettuce.
2. Place a tortilla on a place, top with bulgur and turkey.  Heat 2 min. in microwave.
3. Top 2 with lettuce, chili, avocado and sour cream and roll tightly.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment