Monday, March 10, 2014

Golden Gate

   

 A review of dine-out on Saturday at a Chinese restaurant "Golden Gate".  This is one of few restaurants where you can have authentic Chinese in Hamburg, while most of "Chinese restaurants" here serve very westernized dishes.  I was feeling tired from the week and when I'm tired I get cravings for white rice and Asian food.  We ordered water spinach stir-fry with garlic, beef Hui Guo Rou (Shichuan style, double cooked with vegetables and various soy paste), Kung Pao Chicken.  I loved the subtle flavor of Sichuan pepper in Kung Pao Chicken and garlic chives in Hui Guo Rou perked up my tired body right away.  Yet, nothing can beat simple water spinach stir-fry to eat with a bowl of rice!   I could have eaten the whole plate on my own for its flavor of garlic and crunchy texture.   The restaurant is dark and somewhat dated but you get your favorite like-in-China food for sure here. 

Golden Gate (金大門)
Wartenau 422089 HamburgDeutschland (Wandsbek)
+49 040/2543294

  

No comments:

Post a Comment