Sunday, March 9, 2014

Homemade Cheeseburger / Boiled Potatoes with Thyme

 Another leftover menu on Friday night, using beef patties for Loco Moco.  With grilled onion,fresh tomato and a generous amount of melting cheddar cheese on top, patties in gravy made a juicy and flavorful burger.  This was a big discovery for me since I'd never felt confident with my patties.  How come I'd never thought of making burgers with gravy!!  Burger buns were substituted with German bread; Krustibroetchen (for husband) and Roggenkruestchen (for me).                                                                                           
I boiled potatoes and flavored with thyme&butter to go with cheeseburger, although I mistakenly erased all the pictures...  It doesn't seem worthy to post how to make this too-easy side-dish but I will do anyway, because it's surprisingly good despite its simplicity.  I took a hint from Japanese "Kofuki-imo" for this recipe.  It's often flavored with Parmesan cheese too.  As it's cooked so simple, you can use potatoes left for many other things later, such as breakfast omelet, potato salad and etc. 

-Mar. 7 grocery shopping € 24.87/ € 168.89 left  (spent too much this week, nooo!)

Ingredients (2 servings)
3  large potatoes
1 tbsp. butter (optional)
1/3 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. salt (omit if your butter is salted)

Directions 
1. Peel (you can leave the skin) and cut potatoes into bite sizes.
2. Place potatoes in a pot with water, bring to boil then simmer for 10-15min.
3. After draining water of the pot, add butter, salt and dries thyme in the same pot and combine.



No comments:

Post a Comment