Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Onigiri & Potato Salad



New month, new budget!  Though, I didn't go grocery shopping and tried with things in the fridge.  Two kinds of Onigiri (Japanese rice balls); Aona vegetable seasoning and Umeboshi, Chikuwa(fish cake tube)&cucumber and potato salad was the menu.  Everything my mom used to cook for me and my brother.  I miss her cooking!  It's always good for your body&mind to eat the food you grew up eating, from time to time. 

Ingredients (serves 8-10)
800g/1.8lbs potatoes
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 small onion
1/3 cup chopped or 8-10 small cornichon pickles
2 eggs
salt&pepper

Directions
1. In a large pot cook potatoes, drain, cool and peel.  Cut into bite size.
2. Make hard boiled eggs.  Chop onions and let it soak in cold water for about 20 min. to remove sharp flavor.
3. Coarsely chop pickles and boiled eggs.  Pat dry onions.  
4. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment