Thursday, April 10, 2014

Natto Spaghetti


 I can't live without natto.  This Japanese fermented soybeans is something you either hate it or love it.  According to Mario's stats, 99% of non-Japanese hate natto.  Many Japanese people don't like it either for its "disgusting" smell (not to me!).  But I love it and don't mind eating it everyday.  I must share the fact that my wacky lover can be enjoyed not only on the rice, but even with pasta.  This super-easy-to-prepare fusion is one of my long time favorites for when you don't feel like cooking.  One serving is about 450kcal, high protein low calorie!     

Ingredients (for one)
1 package of natto
100g/3.5oz spaghetti
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. Japanese Men-tsuyu
spring onion&nori to garnish

Directions
1. Chop spring onion.  Cut nori into very thin strips.
2. In a bowl, combine natto, soy sauce, Men-tsuyu and the sauce that is in natto package. (Discard mustard.)
3. Cook spaghetti al dente, drain and mix with the sauce (2).
4. Garnish with spring onion and nori.

No comments:

Post a Comment