Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Il Nonnino

 The second review is about a Sardinian restaurant we dined at on Sunday.  My husband  recently read a good review about this place in a local newspaper and we decided to visit there very spontaneously.  The restaurant looks sort of dark and dated from outside but you find out you were wrong when you step inside.  The tables are done nice and elegant and I enjoyed watching all the fancy wine bottles they have in the show rack.  
Both hungry after afternoon workout at a gym, we started with mixed antipasti plate.  Grilled and marinated veggies were one of the best I had ever had.  Mozzarella&tomato and prosciutto&melon were also prepared with good quality ingredients, with no doubt.
For main course, husband ordered Spaghetti Carbonara and I ordered Spaghetti Vongole, which also came in a big portion(probably they use like 120g/4.2oz pasta).  I wanted to try Sardinia's speciality, pasta de Botargo, but they were out of it unfortunately.  Pasta was cooked perfectly al dente but we found them a little too greasy and heavy.  I could see my pasta swimming in a olive oil as I was reaching the bottom of the plate.  Though, the chef made both very tasty (he/she surely knows about Italian cooking!) and is definitely one of the most authentic Italian you get in Germany.

Il Nonnino
Mundsburger Damm 45
22087 Hamburg
http://www.il-nonnino.de/

No comments:

Post a Comment