Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Grilled Sandwich



"Sandwich Night" of this week, Monday.  This week is going to be full of fridge- clearance menu as we are going on a trip to France from Thursday.  We had simple grilled sandwich with ham&cheese with multi grain bread and green salad with honey&mustard dressing. 





My mother would often prepare grilled sandwich of ham,cheese and shredded cabbage for breakfast and she calls it "hotto-sando" (meaning hot sandwich in Japanese-English).  With a cup of cafe au lait, it was my favorite breakfast menu.  Nostalgia...  My new tradition since I married my husband is that I eat it with our favorite salsa "salsa nortenya", which gives a kick to hearty hotto sando.



I would like to share my honey&mustard dressing formula.  Applause guaranteed.  

Feb. 10 grocery shopping €0.89 / €134.00 left

Ingredients (for 2 portion)
2 tbsp. good quality olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tsp. honey
2 tsp. spicy brown/deli style mustard
salt&pepper

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment