Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Cilantro & Cream Cheese Pasta



Once I had spaghetti with cilantro sauce in Mexico and fell in love.  I never tried to reproduce it so far but last Tuesday was finally the day.  I didn't get my Mexican friend's recipe (I'll make sure I will next time I see her!) so I wasn't so sure where to start but I just walked into the kitchen and started cooking with what I had.  Despite my concern about not using any kind of nuts in cilantro pesto, it was a hit.  Tastier than I expected!

Ingredients (serves 2)
2-3 stalks of cilantro 
1/4 cup olive oil
a pinch of salt
60g/2oz cream cheese
1/4 cup. heavy cream
1 tbsp. butter
100g/3.5oz smoked salmon
1 1/2 cup steamed broccoli

200g/7oz pasta 

Directions
1. Cook pasta al dente.
2. In a food processor or blender, blend cilantro (large stems removed) with salt and olive oil.   
*If the portion is too little to blend, you can double the ingredients and store the rest
3. Melt butter in a skillet and cook chopped salmon and pre-steamed broccoli for 2 min. 
4. Add cilantro pesto, heavy cream and cream cheese and cook until cream cheese is melted. (1-2min.)
5. Add pasta and combine over remaining heat. 

-May. 27 grocery shopping € 22.54/ € 42.87 left

No comments:

Post a Comment