Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Champignons & Salami Pizza


 A perfect pizza dough doesn't exist, in my opinion.  Because it all comes down to one's taste.  Some like it bread-like fluffy and other like paper thin and crispy.  I like soft inside and slightly crispy on the edge or thin and chewy Napoli style.  I've tried so many pizza doughs since I moved to Germany; pre-mixed flour from Italian whole sale store, pre-maid sheet from Penny, normal flour (type 405) with fresh yeast and whatnot...and I've come to my best so far this time!  I used simply type 550 German flour which is equivalent to all-purpose-flour, with a gluten content of 9-11%.  I had never touched other kinds of German flour with mysterious numbers (550, 1050, 1150...!!???) because I didn't understand what they mean.  Ok now I know that it has to do with gluten content after some investigation; the higher the number is, the higher its gluten content is.  Learning from this little discovery, my next mission will be to try making chewy pizza dough!!


Ingredients (makes three 28cm/11'' large pizzas)
 ...<for the dough>
500g all purpose flour
2 tsp. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
300cc warm water
50cc olive oil

 ...<for the sauce>
150g(about 3/4cup) tomato paste
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. pizza herb mix
3 tbsp. olive oil
2/3 tsp. salt

 ...<toppings>
mozzarella cheese
champignons (I used canned mushroom)
salami

Directions
1. Make the dough. Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead until well combined and smooth, for about 5 min.  Cover and let it rest in a warm place for 40min.to 1hr. (until the flour is risen to double the size).  
2. Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the sauce.  
3. Divide the dough into three equal portions foaming ball shapes.  
4. Dust the working surface with flour and flatten the dough to 7-8mm/1/4'' thickness using rolling pin.  
5. Slightly oil the pizza pan/baking sheet or surface and place the pizza dough.  Spread the sauce, then mozzarella cheese and mushrooms.
6. Bake at 230°C/450°F for 7-8min.
7. Take the pizza out once and top with salami, put it back in oven for 30 sec. and done!!



-May. 15 grocery shopping € 11.45/ € 159.68 left

No comments:

Post a Comment